ADMISSION TO B.TECH PROGRAMME
Click here to view the college details in CEE Website.
Minimum Qualification for Admission
1. 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics put together and a separate minimum of 50% marks for Mathematics in Higher Secondary Exam conducted by Government of Kerala or equivalent exam by other Boards.
2. A valid rank in the Common Entrance Exam conducted by the Commissioner for Entrance Exam, Government of Kerala.
3. For SC/ST candidates only a pass percentage is required.
4. For candidates belonging to the OBC category there will be a 5% relaxation in marks as mentioned in the first criteria.
The total seats are divided into two categories.
1. 50% of the seats are filled by the CEE based on ranks in the KEAM2013.
2. 50% of the seats are filled by the management-
• 35% of the seats are filled strictly on the basis of inter-se merit.
• 15% of the seats are earmarked for NRI students .It is on the basis of marks in PCM of the Qualifying examination.
Admission of management seats to the B.Tech programmes in Vimal Jyothi Engineering College will start immediately on issue of Notification by the Kerala Catholic Engineering College Managements’ Association. The Notification will be published in leading Dailies both Malayalam and English
• The admission Rank list will be prepared based on the Index marks computed by taking the marks of Physics and Mathematics in the qualifying examination and the marks of KEAM 2013 Entrance Examination in the specified ratio.
• There will be Open Quota, Christian Community and Tellicherry Archdiochese Quota, Dalit Christian and Latin Catholic Reservation.
The tuition Fee for the academic year is Rs. 75,000/- per annum with an Interest Free Refundable Deposit (IFRD) of Rs. 1,00,000/-. In addition to that Refundable Caution Deposit of Rs. 10,000/- plus normal special fee.
Admission to 15% NRI Quota is open. Application can be submitted in the prescribed form which can be obtained from the College on payment of Rs. 500/-. Further details can be had from the college.
NRI Admission 2013 – 2014
Guidelines for NRI Admission
1. Candidates may be children or dependents of NRI
2. Complete 17 years of age as on 31st Dec. 2013
3. a).Give the name and address of the sponsor and his relationship with the candidate.
b).Submit the Photocopies of the following:
(iii) Bank Passbook
c) Sponsor Certificate, Recommendation Letter, Affidavit/Undertaking of Parent, Undertaking by student (Available at college office)
d) Letter from the employer, confirming employment details.
4. Candidate should have eligible marks in +2.
5. Students admitted in NRI scheme cannot change the institution / Course under any circumstances.
6. “NRI FEE” once paid will not be refunded.
7. Follow the other regulations normally applicable to B Tech admissions.
8. 10th / 12th certificate in proof of the date of birth.
9. Mark list of qualifying exam.
10. Conduct certificate, Certificate from Parish Priest if Catholic.
11. NRI applications will be issued from 17th April 2013 onwards and NRI admission process starts at 10.00 AM on 22nd April, 2013.
12. Admission fee, Caution deposit, Special fee and annual tuition fee will be same for all. NRI candidates need not pay the Refundable deposit.